- Lending and borrowing: Our finance practice distinguishes itself on the market by a balanced experience of acting for both lenders and borrowers, its familiarity with LMA standard documentation and experience in drafting LMA-inspired local documentation. We advise clients on all types of financing: acquisition finance, project finance, commodity finance, working capital finance and bridge financing. We have strong track record on advising lenders on cross-border deals involving complex syndicated and parallel lending structures and security sharing arrangements. In commodity finance, we have experience with both true sale arrangements and secured loan structures. Our multidisciplinary projects team provides full service representation on acquisition, development and financing sides of greenfield or brownfield projects.
- Non-performing loans: We are able to perform quick due diligence of large NPL portfolios and provide commercially meaningful advice to buyers, with the aim of helping them obtain a realistic assessment of the marketability of the collaterals involved. We have experience in structuring NPL sales both as true sales and as synthetic arrangements.
- Payment services and e-money: We have unmatched experience in advising foreign payment institutions and e-money issuers on regulatory requirements for their cross-border services to Serbian clients, as well as on regulatory requirements for providing payment services within Serbia.
- OTC Derivatives: We prepare on a regular basis legal opinions on ISDA documentation to a number of foreign and domestic banks, and help them negotiate Schedules and other specific documentation for their OTC transactions. We also assist local banks in developing localized versions of master agreements based on ISDA documentation. We are regular counsel to EFET on EFET General Agreements for electricity and gas.
- Insolvency & Restructuring: See separate Distressed Situations / Insolvency & Restructuring page
"BDK Advokati’s ‘dedicated practice’ handles traditional banking work, project finance, and structured finance and derivatives. Other core areas include trade finance, distressed debt, payment services and e-money, and regulatory work. Tijana Kojović is ‘detail oriented’; and associate Dragoljub Sretenović is also noted."
- Legal 500 2018 (SERBIA)
"Highly regarded banking and finance team with a strong focus on cross-border lending and transactions involving financial derivatives. Advises large international banks and sponsors on complex regulatory projects and on project and acquisition finance. Offers noteworthy advice on restructuring and formal insolvencies, with particular experience of NPL transactions, where it has experience of acting for private equity companies.
The lawyers are ‘thorough and practical with their advice and have a particularly good understanding of derivatives.’
‘good team who are efficient and very responsive’
‘provides concise and effective advice in a number of legal practice areas.’"
- Chambers Europe 2018 (SERBIA)
Serbian Financial Collateral Act – a disappointingly narrow legislationRead more
Montenegro: New Legislation on Financial Leasing, Factoring, Purchase of Receivables and Microcredit and CrediRead more
Serbia: Further steps in harmonization of Capital Markets Act with the Market Abuse Regulation plus some unwarRead more