- Cross-border lending: Advising institutional and commercial lenders, as well as borrowers. Helping foreign lenders assess the impact of Serbian foreign exchange, financial assistance and other mandatory regulations on foreign-law governed cross-border loan arrangements. Structuring local law security packages. Advising on complex syndicated and parallel lending structures involving security sharing. Familiarity with the LMA-based documentation.
- Non-performing loans: Due diligence of portfolios for sellers and buyers. Structuring true-sale and synthetic structures. Drafting and negotiating legal documentation. Advising on compliance with regulations relevant for the secondary market of loans.
- Project finance: Acting for concessions grantors, lenders and sponsors, on real-estate, energy and infrastructure projects, on both procurement and financing sides of a transaction. Drafting and negotiating direct agreement structures. Putting up fully-secured project financing structure.
- Regulatory compliance: Compliance with capital adequacy and risk management regulations, compliance with intra-group lending requirements. Banking secrecy. Data protection. Outsourcing arrangements.
- Payment services and e-money: Advising foreign payment institutions and e-money issuers on cross-border services to Serbian clients. Advising on licensing and incorporation requirements for doing business in Serbia.
- Capital Markets: Debt and equity issues. Cross-border services. Custody and investment advisory activities. Drafting standard documentation for contracts with investment clients. Structuring alternative fund raising strategies. (e.g. crowd-funding).
- OTC Derivatives: Legal opinions on enforceability of ISDA Master Agreement and related ISDA documentation. Drafting and negotiating Schedules to ISDA Master Agreements. Legal opinions on enforceability of EFET General Agreements.
- Insolvency & Restructuring: See separate Distressed Situations / Insolvency & Restructuring page
"…Practice head Tijana Kojović ‘understands the cross-border implications of a transaction from a practical standpoint’…."
- Legal 500 2017 (SERBIA)
"Highly regarded banking and finance team with a strong focus on cross-border lending and transactions involving financial derivatives. Advises large international banks and sponsors on complex regulatory projects and project and acquisition finance. Offers noteworthy advice on restructuring and formal insolvencies, with particular experience of NPL transactions.
Clients have high regard for the group's know-how and particularly appreciate the team's ‘good knowledge and experience, good network in Serbia and ability to respond rapidly.’
‘It is a very good law firm. They have knowledge in the banking industry, which is a plus, and they have a good understanding of cross-border transactions.’"
- Chambers Europe 2017 (SERBIA)
Montenegro: New Legislation on Financial Leasing, Factoring, Purchase of Receivables and Microcredit and CrediRead more
Serbia: Further steps in harmonization of Capital Markets Act with the Market Abuse Regulation plus some unwarRead more
Serbia: Draft Financial Collateral Act - A Welcome InitiativeRead more